Monday, February 27, 2012

Prisma Puzzle Timer

Introducing the Prisma Puzzle Timer....



As I've mentioned earlier on this blog, a timer is one of the essentials for someone seriously working towards improving his speed. Today I'm going to be talking about one such timer available for download (of which I've provided a link below) for free... the Prisma Puzzle timer.

I've used one other timer before switching to Prisma, but to give you an insight into the things that make me feel this is probably the best timer available on the Internet.

Things I like about this timer:

1) Prisma provides it's own Random generated Scrambles. This is pretty standard with Cube timers, what I like about this one though, is the fact that, its shows the state of the cube when scrambled (as seen in pic above... the scrambled cube) . Adds a nice touch, although a scrambled cube is pretty much the same, before you solve it. Not quite, in theory, the Human mind is not too good in generating it's own scrambles, we tend to repeat ourselves often. Computers on the other hand, are excellent at this feat, probably because they've got no mind! Anyway, let's carry on.

2) Helps train you at various stages of solving the cube, thus identifying areas where you're slow and need to improve your speed. I believe this feature is one of the best features in this timer. Under the Category tab, it allows you to choose between different cubes, 3x3, or 4x4, etc, and also allows you training for improving the speed of Cross Making, your F2L (Fridrich 2 Layer), OLL (Orientation of the Last Layer), etc. If your unfamiliar with these terms... Not to worry! I will address them all in time, I promise! Just keep your eye out for my updates.

3) Lastly, this timer maintains your stats really really well. From your all time personal best... to you Last 100 solves Average Mean. There's a lot more too this timer, than what's been said. I would recommend, you to def give it a try!

Things I don't like about it:

Well.... I've been using this timer for a while now, haven't noticed any Glitches yet. Do let me know if you guys encounter any problems. Probably the interface can be made more attractive, other than that, it's pretty darn good.

My Rating for this timer: 4.5/5.0

As promised here's the link to the download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63631548/PrismaPuzzleTimer0.4.zip

Do check this website for any latest versions:
https://bitbucket.org/walter/puzzle-timer/

No comments:

Post a Comment